Battery life may depend on the format of the book and the number of pages it contains. If the file is too big it is more difficult for the reader to refresh the screen, so the device consumes more energy and battery runs out faster.
Connect your device to a PC via USB.
Copy the files from the computer to the device. Note the where you have moved files. Disconnect the device from the PC - open Explorer and navigate to the folder with downloaded files, click on the selected file.
Notice that installation process will delete all your personal data from the device.
You can do it as follows:
1. Download firmware file from our website and follow the instructions specified inside the archive. http://marketing.prestigio.com/$Customer_Support/Service_Files/eBook/PER3072B/PER3072B-EN-V3.04(08-08-11).zip
2. Unzip the downloaded archive
3. Use user manual for upgrading which can be found inside the archive,''Manual'' folder;
1) Connect your device to the PC using USB cabel.
2) Upload the appropriate firmware from our website :
3) Unzip the downloaded archive. You can find instalation guide in english in the "Manual" folder.
Indication of success: Top right corner of the program window.
Please convert the text file using ANSI encoding, for example with “Notepad++”. Open in the editor and resave in ANSI format.
You should use play/stop button.
For fast forwarding press and hold directional button for 2-3 secs.
Please use the Reset button on the side panel.
Please make sure that you swipe the screen to the left. Meaning that there are actually two desktops on the device. Thereafter you can click on settings and change the time in settings.
You need to open the book, press the menu button M, using a joystick to scroll down select the desired font.
Open the book, click on the menu button (4 horizontal bars), choose Zoom, set the font size.
You should update firmware on your device. We highly recommend you to perform data backup before updating.
Please download the firmware from our website: http://yf.value4it.com/Service_Files/eBook/PER3464B/PER3464B_20130104_V1.1.zip
Open LiveSuite, specify the path to the firmware.
The device should be turned OFF. Press and hold any button, connect the device to the
PC with USB cable, press the power button 5 times and only then release the button you were holding.
When you will be asked to format the device press NO. The update process will start automatically.
You need to click on a saved bookmark and hold it for a few seconds, then release.
The menu will automatically disappear after 2-3 seconds and the desired page will appear.
Click on the calendar icon / settings / use arrows <> to set the date and time in the following order: year / month / date / hour / minute / second.
You must install the SD card into the device. Without SD card computer will not detect it.
Additional options > Fonts. The font size can also be changed directly when reading books by pressing the Menu button.
You need to get online dictionary based on StarDict 2.4.1, supporting Linux StarDict databases / word stocks.
Files must not be older than 2006.
1. Create a new folder Dict in the directory of the device.
2. Copy files to the Dict folder.
3. Reset the device.
You need to install one of these two Firmwares (FW1 OR FW2 )
PER5162B Firmware (English) V1.0 for PCB ends with 027A Download: http://yf.value4it.com/Service_Files/eBook/PER5162B/PER5162BEN_V1.0_PCB_Ver_027A_%2820110112%29.zip
PER5162B Firmware (English) V2.2 for PCB ends with 070A or 104A Download: http://yf.value4it.com/Service_Files/eBook/PER5162B/PER5162BEN_V2.2%20PCB_Ver_070A_104A_%2820120116%29.zip
We highly recommend you to perform data backup before updating.
1. Your should charge device battery to 100%.
2. Remove back cover, remove battery.
3. Remove SD card
4. Unzip downloaded archive. Move the .IMG file to the SD card. (SD card must be formatted to FAT32 before transferring .IMG file on it)
5. Insert SD card
6. Push and hold navigation button. Do not release.
7. Insert battery
8. Insert AC power adapter into power socket of the e-book (AC adapter must be inserted to the power socket or PC first), do not release navigation button yet.
9. As soon as you see that firmware has started its upgrading process you may release navigation button.
You should see it on the screen.
10. At the end the device should restart automatically, BUT it may not restart - just look at the screen. When upgrade is done (something like “OK” or similar and screen will turn off) wait for couple of minutes (2-5 minutes), if e-book doesn't start - remove the battery and install it back, then start book as usual.
11. Very important. Release the SD card with firmware after upgrading. Do not insert SD card with firmware again, unless you'd like to make an upgrade.You may now erase all data from SD through your PC (not Tablet), it will be ready for usage again.
The device's screen is made of technology e-Ink electronic ink, the device was not intended to be used along within low light surrounding.
Up to 6 hours of reading books.
Up to 3.5 hours of video playback.
Up to 5.5 hours in active mode, up to 10 hours in standby of Audio playback.
Standby time: Up to 56 hours.
Please update the firmware.
Use following link to download firmware to your PC:
1) After downloading to your computer firmware Folder, extract (decompress) the file from the archive (the folder).
2) Use user manual for upgrading which inserted inside the archive.
3) All data on your device will be erased after installing the Firmware.